SRI and Bayer Discovery/Innovation Grant
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
The Society for Reproductive Investigation (SRI) and Bayer HealthCare LLC are pleased to continue the SRI and Bayer Discovery/Innovation Grants, which will provide six (6) individuals a one-year grant in the amount of $20,000 each, in 2021-2022. The objective of the grant is to support the development of scientists and clinicians in the field of women’s health. Funding is to support the education and research endeavors of these individuals. These awards are made possible by a generous grant from Bayer HealthCare LLC.
Below are the details for submitting an application for the 2021-2022 Discovery/Innovation Grants. The deadline for the award application is February 1, 2021. For more information please contact the SRI Office at email@example.com or 414-918-9888.
Please read the instructions very carefully. Please note that the deadline cannot be extended for any reason.
- Endometriosis (including adenomyosis uteri/endometriosis internal);
- Uterine fibroids (uterine leiomyoma); and
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Focus Area: Novel treatment options and complex in vitro (e.g. organ-on-chip, organoids etc.) and in vivo models.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES:
- Applicants must be members of SRI for one (1) year
- The awardees must currently be at a Northern American university/institution (including USA and Canada).
- Recipients must register for the SRI Annual Meeting (whether conducted in person or online) and must attend the SRI-Bayer award dedicated ceremony.
- One individual per application, though naming collaborators is acceptable
- The applications must fall under the focus area and indications as listed above.
- Ideally, the Awards will be divided between In Training, Early, Mid and Senior Career Investigators, as defined by the SRI Career Development and Diversity Committee (http://www.sri-online.org/career-development). However the Grants Committee can alter this balance based on the distribution of career stages at which investigators submit proposals in any given year.
CONDITIONS OF THE AWARD:
- Each award is $20,000 for one year.
- The Awards begin July 1, 2021 and end June 30, 2022.
- Funds may be used for any combination of salary and/or lab support.
- Award may only be used for salary support and direct research costs. Institutional indirect or general overhead costs are not permitted.
- Recipient must make proper acknowledgements in presentations and publications resulting from the research sponsored by the award. Awardee will also notify the Grants Committee of any publications resulting from the work supported by the SRI and Bayer AG Innovation/Discovery Grant.
- A letter from your Chair or Institutional Representative should include the institution’s role in terms of supporting the applicant’s education/training (where relevant) and research efforts. The letter should outline such support, including allocation of laboratory space, animal facility (signed by the PI and the animal facility in charge person) and availability of other relevant infrastructure/personnel related to the grant objectives. This letter is part of the full application (see item IV under Online submission Instructions, below).
- The recipient must submit a written final report to the SRI at the conclusion of the award period. It is also expected the recipient will present the final results of their research at a future SRI Meeting.
- Awardee’s institution is required to submit a financial progress report at the conclusion of the award period.
- The SRI may discontinue an award if it is documented that the purpose or the terms of the award are not being fulfilled. In this event, the recipient will be notified in writing of this determination, the reason, and the effective date.
- Applications will be reviewed by the SRI Grants Committee and/or by invited external reviewers if the Grant Committee requires additional expertise.
- The Grants Committee will score the applications (recusing themselves from any applications which would represent a conflict of interest). The scores will be compiled, the applications discussed, and the most meritorious applications selected for funding on a conference call.
- Application review decisions are final.
- Scientific merit of project
- Applicants commitment to, and relevance of proposal to the therapeutic area(s) as listed above
- Environment (and mentor, if applicable)
- Career trajectory (How do goals of grant relate to overall career trajectory; how much will applicant benefit from grant in terms of career trajectory)