Grant Writing Clinic
Application Submission Opening November 12!
SRI is pleased to offer a Grant Writing Clinic at the 2021 Annual Meeting directly following the Career Development Workshops on Friday, July 9 at 12:15 pm - 3:00 pm in Boston, MA, USA. This clinic is led by Thomas Jansson, MD, PhD, Dorothy Sojka, PhD and the Career Development Committee.
This Grant Writing Clinic will be based on a one-page summary of a research proposal submitted by the participants. This one-page summary is mandatory for proposals to many funding agencies (including the National Institute of Health in the US: Specific Aims page). However even if the format of your particular grant proposal does not include a one-page summary, it is highly recommended to develop your grant proposal in this concise format.
- Participants must be an SRI Member in good standing
- Participants can be either an In Training or Early Career Investigator
- In Training Investigator is defined as a full-time postdoctoral trainee, resident, or fellow, or a student enrolled in a formally approved training program leading to a degree (BA, BS, MD, PhD, MS, MPH, DVM).
- Early Career Investigator is defined as someone within their first 5 years of a faculty or faculty equivalent position
- Submission of an abstract for the 2021 Annual Meeting is required
- Must have firm plans to submit a full grant proposal in 2021, based on the one-page summary*
*Please contact Michelle Holm if you have any questions regarding the criteria.
Submitting Your Application
SRI will begin accepting applications on November 12, 2020 through March 1, 2021.
Applications must include:
- One page summary of research proposal (Word format, 11pt font). The one page summary should include a brief description of the background/significance of the project including medical/clinical relevance (where applicable), the critical observations in previous research that constitute the basis for the current proposal, a central or overarching hypothesis, any preliminary data in support of the current proposal and the Specific Aims of the proposed work.
- Submission instructions from funding agency
- CV or Biosketch
- Send application materials to Michelle Holm by March 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST
Notice of Acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent in mid-April 2021
Note: Because the format of the Grant Writing Clinic is interactive and includes individual mentoring, the maximum number of participants is 15.