Grant Writing Clinic
Application Submission Now Closed!
SRI is pleased to offer a Virtual Grant Writing Clinic directly following the Virtual Career Development Workshops on Friday, July 9 at 1:30 pm - 2:15 pm EST. This clinic is led by Thomas Jansson, MD, PhD.
This Virtual Grant Writing Clinic will be based on a one-page summary of a research proposal submitted by the participants. This one-page summary is mandatory for proposals to many funding agencies (including the National Institute of Health in the US: Specific Aims page). However even if the format of your particular grant proposal does not include a one-page summary, it is highly recommended to develop your grant proposal in this concise format.
- Participants must be an SRI Member in good standing
- Participants can be either an In Training or Early Career Investigator
- In Training Investigator is defined as a full-time postdoctoral trainee, resident, or fellow, or a student enrolled in a formally approved training program leading to a degree (BA, BS, MD, PhD, MS, MPH, DVM).
- Early Career Investigator is defined as someone within their first 5 years of a faculty or faculty equivalent position
- Submission of an abstract for the 2021 Annual Meeting is required
- Must have firm plans to submit a full grant proposal in 2021, based on the one-page summary*
*Please contact the SRI Office if you have any questions regarding the criteria.
Submitting Your Application
SRI is currently accepting applications through March 18, 2021.
Applications must include:
- One page summary of research proposal (Word format, 11pt font). The one page summary should include a brief description of the background/significance of the project including medical/clinical relevance (where applicable), the critical observations in previous research that constitute the basis for the current proposal, a central or overarching hypothesis, any preliminary data in support of the current proposal and the Specific Aims of the proposed work.
- Submission instructions from funding agency
- CV or Biosketch
- Send application materials to the SRI Office by March 18, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST
Notice of Acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent in mid-April 2021
Note: Because the format of the Grant Writing Clinic is interactive and includes individual mentoring, the maximum number of participants is 15.