SRI Call for 2023 Mini Symposia Proposals
SOCIETY FOR REPRODUCTIVE INVESTIGATION
2023 ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
March 21 - 25, 2023
- NOW CLOSED - Due Date EXTENDED: Monday, March 7, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST
Mini-Symposia Proposal Submission is now open for presentation at the 2023 SRI Annual Scientific Meeting. You must be a current SRI Member to submit a proposal. More information can be found here if you wish to renew your membership dues or submit an application.
The symposia mission is to provide an international forum for scientific exchange, highlighting cutting edge topics in basic and clinical research in reproductive science that reflect the collective depth and breadth of scientific endeavor within SRI.
We highly encourage proposals to complement the meeting theme, "A Deep Dive into the Crosscurrents of Reproduction and Immunology."
Note that if the guidelines are not followed, your proposal will be returned to you for editing, with a potentially short turnaround time.
- Each symposium will be two hours in duration
- Total of four speakers, with one of the four as a moderator of the symposium
- Consider the gender, geographic location, stage of career and ethnicity among other factors when proposing suggested speakers. Speakers must not be at the same institution.
- For budgetary reasons, non-members must be limited to 2 per submission. If you are unsure if someone is a member, please contact email@example.com.
- In addition, suggested speakers should not have given an oral presentation in a mini-symposium at the SRI annual meeting within the past 2 years. Agendas for the last 2 meetings can be found here:
2022 Detailed Agenda
2021 Detailed Agenda
2019 Detailed Agenda
You will be asked the following during the mini-symposium proposal submission:
- Name and contact information of person proposing the mini-symposium
- A description of the symposium that will allow the Program Committee to understand the content, scope and objectives. This will include:
- Full name, title, and contact information for each speaker
- Suggestions for 2 Moderators (one can be a speaker)
- Indication if the session organizer has obtained confirmation from the speakers of their willingness to participate if selected
- No more than 2 Non-members; Preferably 3 Members, 1 Non-member
- Mix of gender
- Balance of North America and International speakers
- Balance of Geography - not all from the same institution, area/state/etc.
- Recently published quality peer reviewed papers
Submission of a proposal indicates agreement to the following:
- Should the symposium be accepted, the SRI Program Committee reserves the right to modify the topic, proposed moderators and proposed speakers. This is to assure a balanced and diverse program.
- SRI is a small organization of dedicated colleagues, and we regret that we are unable to offer any honoraria.
Please complete the entire submission form before submitting your proposal. You are able to log back into the form to complete the information previously started. You will receive an email confirmation once complete.
Alternatively, if there is an area that you would like to see covered by others, please forward that suggestion directly to Mana Parast, MD, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your proposal!