Pilot: Grant Writing Clinic
New for 2020 -
Grant Writing Clinic: Your Grant in One Page
Tuesday, March 10 at 9:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m.
SRI is pleased to offer a Grant Writing Clinic directly preceding the Career Development Workshops on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 in Vancouver, BC, Canada. This clinic is a pilot course led by Thomas Jansson, MD, PhD and the Career Development & Diversity Committee.
This Grant Writing Clinic will be based on a one-page summary of a research proposal submitted by the participants. This one-page summary is mandatory for proposals to many funding agencies (including the National Institute of Health in the US: Specific Aims page). However even if the format of your particular grant proposal does not include a one-page summary, it is highly recommended to develop your grant proposal in this concise format.
- Participants must be an SRI Member in good standing
- Participants can be either an In Training or Early Career Investigator
- Submission of an abstract for the 2020 Annual Meeting is required
- Must have firm plans to submit a full grant proposal in 2020, based on the one-page summary*
*Please contact Michelle Holm if you have any questions regarding the criteria.
Submitting Your Application
Due Date: November 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CDT
Applications must include:
- One page summary of research proposal (Word format, 11pt font). The one page summary should include a brief description of the background/significance of the project including medical/clinical relevance (where applicable), the critical observations in previous research that constitute the basis for the current proposal, a central or overarching hypothesis, any preliminary data in support of the current proposal and the Specific Aims of the proposed work.
- Submission instructions from funding agency
- CV or Biosketch
- Send application materials to Michelle Holm by November 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CDT
Notice of Acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent in mid-December 2019.
Note: Because the format of the Grant Writing Clinic is interactive and includes individual mentoring, the maximum number of participants is 15.