Underrepresented Minority Registration Program
To further diversify the Annual Meeting, SRI is pleased to continue offering discounted Annual Meeting registration for 25 individuals who are underrepresented in their country or originate from a low-income, lower-middle-income, or upper-middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank).
The application deadline of January 15, 2020 has passed. Applications are currently being reviewed, and notifications will be sent by January 31.
Please note, if you application is not accepted, SRI will extend the Advance Registration Rate to you. More details will be communicated when notifications are sent.
Highest Consideration will be given to those fulfilling the following points:
- SRI Member
- Early Stage Investigators
- Preference to those that have submitted an abstract
- Provide proof that they have additional funding in order to attend the Annual Meeting (if listed on page 1)
- Cannot receive the award two years in a row
- If the individual has been published
How to Apply:
- Submit an online application for the Underrepresented Minority Registration Program.
- After you complete the application, you will be given the option to register online for the Annual Meeting at the discounted registration rate of $100 USD to secure your attendance and reserve your seat for additional ticketed sessions, and/or sessions that may reach capacity. However, you do not have to register until your application notification is received.
- If you do not register after completing your application, and wait until you application notification is received, you will be able to register online at this time and received the URM Program discounted registration rate.
- If you register after completing your application, and your application is not accepted, you will be asked to pay the remaining balance of the registration fee prior to attending the Annual Meeting. All applications that are not accepted will be extended the Advance Registration Rate.
- If your application is not accepted and you wish to cancel your registration, you may do so without penalty or cancellation fees.
Notification of Application:
Notifications will be sent by January 31, 2020. Notifications will include further information regarding registration if you did not register at the time of submitting your application.