Beware of Hotel Scams
SRI is the only authorized organization that will be contacting attendees regarding hotel accommodation and bookings. The official and ONLY website of the SRI 2020 Annual Meeting is www.sri-online.org/meetings-calendar/2020.
SRI has room blocks at the Pan Pacific Vancouver, the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel, and the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. You should only be contacted by a representative of these hotels to confirm your booking or if there is an issue with the booking. If you are contacted by any other third-party claiming to be a representative of these hotels or the Society for Reproductive Investigation (SRI), please contact Michelle Holm, SRI's Meetings Manager, as soon as possible at email@example.com or +1-414-918-9888.
SRI is not affiliated in any way with a third party organizer. There are many companies, such as Business Travel Management (BTM) and Expo Hotel Services making FALSE and FRAUDULENT claims about the conference designed to obtain your credit card information, including:
- There are issues with your hotel reservation for the conference;
- The hotel room rate for the conference has increased and/or rooms are running out and must be booked with BTM or Expo Hotel Services as soon as possible;
- Hotel rooms for the conference can only be booked through BTM or Expo Hotel Services
- That BTM or Expo Hotel Services can get you a cheaper room rate than the conference organizers;
- Hotel rooms for the conference are sold out and that they can help find you alternatives hotels.
Please be aware that this is a SCAM designed to obtain your credit card information and/or make phony charges to your credit card. Please exercise extreme caution when contacted by a suspicious third party. We recommend that you do NOT give ANY company your credit card number, personal information, or any details about your hotel reservation, unless deemed the official host hotels of the Annual Meeting.
What to do if you have been contacted by a scam company about booking hotels?
- If you have given out your credit card information to anyone who called you about booking hotel rooms for the SRI 2020 Annual Meeting, call your credit card company immediately, alert them to the scam, and deny the charge.
- Change your online passwords and PINs to prevent fraudsters from doing any further damage.
- Continue to monitor your credit card to look for fraudulent charges. Request further information from your credit card company regarding closing your account or issuing a new card.
Additionally, the hotel room reservations are never made and the attendees are left without hotel reservations for the conference. In the event that SRI contracts with ANY outside company, we will provide you that information DIRECTLY. If you receive a phone call or an email, please forward the information to Michelle Holm.