By attending any SRI event, you agree voluntarily to abide by our code of conduct:
We value your attendance, and want to make your experience as productive and professionally stimulating as possible.
- Please communicate openly with respect and consideration for others, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, volunteers, exhibitors, staff and suppliers/ vendors.
- Turn off any ringers or otherwise disrupting devices during oral or poster sessions.
- Request permission from speakers before recording or taking photographs during their presentation.
- Photos are not to be taken of posters either during or outside of poster viewing hours, unless you have received permission from the author.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants. Alert staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Respect the rules and policies of the convention center, hotels, contracted facility, or any other venue.
Harassment and Safety:
SRI is dedicated to providing a collegial, safe, hospitable, and productive environment for everyone attending our events, regardless of ethnicity, religion, disability, physical appearance, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, educational background, ability status, political affiliation, nationality. It is important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is neither healthy nor productive. Accordingly, SRI prohibits intimidating, threatening, or harassing conduct during our conferences. This policy applies to speakers, staff, volunteers, attendees and vendors. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference, at the discretion of SRI.
Harassment of SRI participants will not be tolerated in any form. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive gestures or verbal comments related to ethnicity, religion, disability, physical appearance, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, educational background, ability status, political affiliation, nationality , deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate or unwanted physical contact or touching, unwelcome attention, or other disruptive or harassing behavior of any kind. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If anyone subject to this policy engages in behavior which is harassing or in otherwise violation of this policy, SRI may take any action they deem appropriate, ranging from a simple warning to the offender to expulsion from a meeting without refund and/or future meetings and events, or such other action including notifying authorities. If you are the subject (or know someone who is the subject) of harassment or other violation of this policy, or have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact SRI staff who can work with appropriate SRI leadership to resolve or otherwise respond to the situation.
SRI staff will be happy to help participants contact convention center/hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, and otherwise assist those experiencing harassment, to enable them to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
Need to file a complaint? Please contact the SRI Executive Director, Anne Krolikowski, at email@example.com.
All authors connected to a presentation and/or abstract must agree on all information contained in the presentation. Failure of an author to agree to the presentation format will lead to the presentation being withdrawn from the conference.
An author who submits a presentation to the Annual Meeting must have intentions of attending, registering, and presenting at the meeting once the submission is accepted into the program. Repeated or consecutive last-minute cancellations by presenters may result in future submissions being denied.
By registering for the SRI Annual Meeting, you give consent to be photographed by SRI staff for purposes of advertising and public display
Session Recording and Photos
Session content is copyright-protected by SRI. Recording of any session without the consent of SRI is prohibited. Any recording done with consent of SRI is for personal use only and cannot be reproduced or distributed. Please refrain from taking photos of the presenter or the presentations as it is disruptive and the flash is distracting.
- July 13, 2018: Abstract Submission Opens
- September 28, 2018: Housing and Registration Opens
- October 19, 2018: Extended Deadline! Abstract Submission Closes
- November 30, 2018: Late Breaking Abstract Submission Opens
- January 11, 2019: Late Breaking Abstract Submission Closes
- January 21, 2019: Last Day of Advanced Registration Fees
- January 22, 2019: Registration Costs Increase to Onsite Fees
- February 13, 2019: Housing Reservations Close
- February 19, 2019: Online Registration Closes