General Abstract Information
Abstract submission is now closed. All abstract notifications will be sent in mid-December 2018. You may still view your abstracts on the Abstract Submission website, but you are no longer able to make edits to abstracts.
Please note: if you submitted an abstract for the 2018 Annual Meeting, you are able to use the same username and password for the 2019 Annual Meeting.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- A non-refundable processing fee of $50.00 (US) is required for each abstract. Payment must be completed online using Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express to complete the submission process.
- You do not need to be a member of SRI to submit an abstract.
- Three (3) keywords for each abstract will be included.
- You are allotted 2,700 characters, which will include characters in your Abstract Title, Abstract Body, Authors/Institutions, Tables and Figures. The allotted characters do not include white space.
- Please review the SRI Policy on Abstract Withdrawal and confirm compliance on the Questionnaire page
- If accepted for presentation at the meeting, the abstract will be published as entered into the 2019 Annual Meeting Program. However, the Editors reserve the right to edit any abstract that contains grammatical errors.
- Each submitted abstract will be reviewed by 4-6 expert reviewers, scored according to criteria described below, and 15% of the accepted abstracts will be chosen for oral presentation. Please note that as the SRI Program Committee is committed to maintaining high standards for the meeting, it is anticipated that a number of low-ranking abstracts will be rejected following peer-review.
- Case Reports are not generally encouraged for submission as abstracts unless they significantly advance the field of Reproductive Science.
- Figure Requirements:
- A maximum of 2 figures and/or 2 tables can be included in an abstract.
- A figure reduces your maximum word count by 320 characters.
- No Patient or Product Photographs will be allowed.
- A minimum resolution of at least 300dpi (dots per inch) is required for all uploaded figures.
- Supported formats are limited to JPG, GIF, and PNG files.
- Figures will not be printed but will be available in online format only.
Evaluation of abstracts will be based on the following considerations:
- Originality/Innovation: Is the idea or approach novel or is the work primarily confirmatory and/or a direct extension of previous work?
- Significance/Relevance: Does the work address an important problem?
- Objective/Hypothesis: Is an objective, specific research question and/or hypothesis stated?
- Methods: Are the methods described? Are the methods employed appropriate to the research question? Were new methods used and validated?
- Results: Are the results described clearly and succinctly? Was data evaluated statistically?
- Discussion: Is the conclusion supported by the data
Changes or Edits to Abstracts:
SRI is using an upgraded system which now allows abstract submitters to make changes to their abstract on their own, up until the deadline. However, if edits must occur after this date, an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you must withdraw your abstract, please be sure to review the SRI Policy on Abstract Withdrawal to confirm compliance before requesting a withdrawal.
Previously Presented Abstracts
- Abstracts cannot contain data previously presented at a national or international meeting at the time of abstract submission.
- Abstracts cannot contain data already accepted for publication in any online or PubMed indexed venue at the time of abstract submission.
- Violators will be subject to abstract withdrawal, and may be barred from presenting at future SRI meetings.
Abstract notifications will be sent by email from CTI Meeting Technology, the abstract processor for SRI, in mid-December 2018. Contact authors should add @support.ctimeetingtech.com to their safe senders list to ensure they receive the email.