Abstract Withdrawal Policy
- Abstracts for the SRI Annual Scientific Meeting are submitted in the fall and reviewed by mid-December of the year preceding the meeting. Successful contributors of such abstracts are notified by e-mail of acceptance in January before the scheduled meeting.
- While withdrawal is allowable in rare circumstances, it is incumbent upon the lead author or sponsor to inform SRI in writing before the meeting that the abstract is being withdrawn. Such actions allow the Program Director to alter the format and/or position of presentations as soon as possible.
- In the event that notification of withdrawal is not received before the meeting and a “no show” occurs without just cause, the Program Director will inform the SRI President, Council and the Chair of the Program Committee of such a breach of protocol.
- The SRI Executive Director will investigate the breach within 30 days of the meeting’s end, and if no justifiable reason is found, will impose an appropriate sanction.
- An individual found to be in breach of these rules will be prohibited from submitting an abstract to the Annual Meeting or serving as an abstract co-author or program moderator for a period of twenty-four months (two consecutive Annual Meetings).
Adopted by 2014 SRI President Kelle Moley, MD on July 10, 2013.
Please send all questions on abstract withdrawal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 13, 2018: Abstract Submission Opens
- September 28, 2018: Housing and Registration Opens
- October 19, 2018: Extended Deadline! Abstract Submission Closes
- November 30, 2018: Late Breaking Abstract Submission Opens
- January 11, 2019: Late Breaking Abstract Submission Closes
- January 21, 2019: Last Day of Advanced Registration Fees
- January 22, 2019: Registration Costs Increase to Onsite Fees
- February 13, 2019: Housing Reservations Close
- February 19, 2019: Online Registration Closes