Online Submission Instructions
Award applications must be submitted online for the SRI and Bayer Discovery/Innovation Grants. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The online application will include:
- Applicant's Personal Statement (not to exceed one page)
- Summarize your training to date.
- Comment on your specific clinical and research interests.
- Describe the percentage of time your Institution has allocated for your responsibilities (including research, teaching, clinical and administrative duties).
- Career Development Plans (not to exceed one page)
- Describe current and future plans for overall career development including training (if applicable) and research goals. Include specifics of how this grant will contribute to your career development/progression.
- An Outline of the Proposed Research Project (Font size 12 points or larger, single space, and at least ½” margins; not to exceed five pages)
- Thorough statement of the applicant’s proposed research plan including:
- Hypotheses and specific aims
- Preliminary Data (if available)
- Research Design and Methods Including Expected Results, Potential Pitfalls and Alternative Strategies, and Statistical Analyses
- Significance and Innovation
- The below three items will not count toward the above page limit:
- Ethical Assurances for human subjects, animal welfare (IRB/IACUC).
- Description of budget items and amounts allocated to the applicant
Additional application materials below will not be counted in the 5 page total above:
- Letter(s) regarding applicant status/recommendation (not to exceed two pages each)
- A letter of standing is required from the Chair or Institute Leader and should include the following besides the points in bullet point 6, “Conditions of Award”:
- Details on the Institutions’ commitment to the applicant;
- Applicant’s qualifications for an academic career and availability of funding or in-kind support for applicant’s research expenses;
- Applicant’s training/career development plan if applicant is junior
- For In Training/ECR, a second, one-page letter from the applicant’s mentor/research supervisor should include:
- The mentor’s assessment of the applicant’s scientific skills, commitment to a research career and potential for future contribution to science in the proposed Bayer AG target area(s) of research.
- Applicant Biographical Sketch (NIH Format)
- Must include a full disclosure of all grants or awards currently received or pending.
- For In Training/ECR only: Primary Mentor Biographical Sketch (NIH Format)
- Financial Conflict of Interest Statement(s)
- List real or potential financial conflicts of interest with the proposed studies. Financial conflicts of interest would include direct payments from corporate entities related to the proposed studies and/or investments that would benefit the investigator or the investigator’s family as a result of the proposed studies.