Vice President for Diversity and Structural Change
- Completed Application form
- Cover letter that describes your interest in being considered for Vice President for Diversity and Structural Change (maximum 2pgs.)
- Full CV
All materials must be sent to Leah Miller (SRI) at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
- Individuals with experience and leadership in diversity-related positions, either within SRI, a similar organization, or their home institution will be strongly considered.
- Consideration also will be given to those who have previously served or currently are serving as chair or member of the SRI DEI Committee (formerly the Career Development & Diversity Committees).
- Experience working with global entities, always ensuring a global perspective.
- This position will be appointed by the SRI President, upon approval by the Executive Committee, and will begin their term immediately upon appointment. The term for this position will therefore be January 2021-March 2024. Future terms will run in conjunction with the terms of the SRI Councilors and Officers and will be nominated and elected by the membership.
- All Applications and materials are due no later than Wednesday, December 16th.
The VP for DSC will focus on outward facing issues of diversity and inclusion, including but not limited to partnerships with other organizations, in the maintenance of the SRI Strategic Plan as it relates to Diversity and Inclusion, as well as communication and responses regarding issues of global social justice.
The VP for DSC will be a full–voting member of the Executive Committee, providing regular updates on diversity-related activities. The VP will be responsible for analyzing the ongoing efforts made by SRI regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion and make recommendations for education, new initiatives and overall opportunities for improvement.
- The VP will work with partner organizations around the world to participate in anti-racist, anti-sexist, and social justice initiatives.
- Further, the VP will work with partner organizations to support SRI members and meeting attendees regardless of educational background, professional status, country of origin or working environment, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, social/economic background, and physical or psychological ability.
- The SRI Global Outreach Committee will partner with the VP in this area.
- The VP will be responsible for updating and upholding the diversity element of the SRI Strategic Plan, with significant help from the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee.
- The VP will be a member of the DEI Committee and will delegate actionable items directly from the strategic plan.
- The VP and Chair of DEI will work closely to ensure that efforts are not being duplicated – or that they are complementary.
- The VP will work with SRI Staff and members of other committees to determine how to better diversify the SRI membership, as well as address diversity issues within the fields of reproductive medicine and biology.
SOCIAL JUSTICE ADVOCATE
- The VP will be responsible for organizing and leading messages and responses from the Society regarding issues of social justice with the approval of the Executive Committee before dissemination.
- The VP will work with global partner organizations as well as staff to develop and execute advocacy efforts.
- The VP will work with Staff to develop a data inventory to determine what demographic data are currently being collected from members and meeting attendees, and what data will be pertinent in the future.
- The VP also will serve as a member of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, and a voting member of the Membership & Nominations Committee.
- The VP in partnership with the Chair of the DEI will provide an update during the Annual Meeting on Diversity and Inclusion related efforts.
- Aside from these responsibilities, the VP will be a full-voting member of the Council and will be invited to attend all virtual and in-person meetings of the Executive Committee and Council.
The VP for DSC will be supported by various staff based on the specific activity, but as this position will be part of the Executive Committee, the Executive Director will be their direct staff liaison.